So, you’ve decided to go smoke free and vaping is the next step for you to achieve that goal! For a newcomer, the world of vaping can be daunting, what is the difference between a vape pen and a mod? What are coils? But don’t let that put you off, because with this beginner’s guide you will find all the answers to pick your first e-cigarette!
What types of e-cigarette are there?
You will quickly find that there are various types of e-cigarettes, vaping pods and sub ohm devices to choose from. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Cigalikes – these are the e-cigarettes that look similar to tobacco cigarettes and can be disposable or rechargeable
- Vape pens – these are usually shaped like a pen or a small tube, with a tank to store e-liquid. They also come with replaceable coils and rechargeable batteries.
- Pod systems – these are usually compact rechargeable devices, that are often shaped like a USB stick or pebble and contain e-liquid capsules.
- Mods – these come in different sizes and shapes, but are generally the largest devices available. They also have a refillable tank, longer lasting rechargeable batteries and are more powerful.
What is the right e-cigarette for me?
Rechargeable e-cigarettes with a refillable tank are usually a popular option for those looking to switch to vaping. Here is a simple guide to help you pick the right e-cigarette:
- Light smoker – vape pen or pod system
- Heavy smoker – vape pen, pod system or mod (also known as a sub ohm device)
It’s also important for you to find out about which nicotine strength you should go for, and you can find that information from our last blog post.
Do e-cigarettes help people go smoke free?
There’s growing evidence that e-cigarettes have helped thousands of people in the UK to already stop smoking. E-cigarettes can help you manage your nicotine cravings. You can do this by making sure you’re using as much nicotine as you need to with the right strength of nicotine in your e-liquid.
Also previous UK clinical trials have showed that people who use e-cigarettes to quit smoking were twice as likely to succeed as people who used other nicotine replacement products such as nicotine patches.
How safe are e-cigarettes?
According to the latest information on the NHS website, an e-cigarette only carries a small fraction of the risk of cigarettes. This is because vapes do not produce tar or carbon monoxide – which are two of the most harmful elements in tobacco smoke. E-liquids contain potentially harmful chemicals but at much lower levels than in cigarettes.
Do you have any more questions about e-cigarettes and vape kits? Send us a message! We are happy to help you!
Follow us on social media.